NAME: JER-SHENQ SHIEH
Year of Birth: 1965
Nationality: Taiwan , Republic of China
- Professor, Department of Law, National Chung-Cheng University (NCCU)
- President, NCCU Teachers' Association
- President, Taiwan Property and Economic Law Institute
- 1992 Doctor of Juridical Science
- University of Wisconsin Law School
- 1991 Master of Legal Institutions
- University of Wisconsin Law School
- 1987 Bachelor of Laws
- National Taiwan University
- 2001-2002 Chairman of Law Department, NCCU
- 1988-1989 Visiting Scholar, EALS, Harvard Law School
- 1993-2001 Associate Professor, Department of Law, NCCU
Ⅰ . 1993-1997 Department of Law NCCU
- Undergraduate courses
(1) Introduction to Law
(2) Civil Law: Property
(3) Civil Law: kinds of Obligations
(4) Land Law
(6) Law & Economics
(7) Legal Aid
- Graduate courses
(1)Seminar on Civil Law
(2) Seminar on Land Law
(3) Seminar on Trust Law
(4) Economic Analysis of Law
(5) Seminar on Am eric an Property Law
(6) Readings on Selected Topics of Anglo-Am eric an Law
Ⅱ . 1996 Department of Law, Tunghai University
Civil Law: Obligation: General Principles
1996 Research Award, National Science Council, Executive Yuan(NSC)
- Conductor, Rent Control: Realities and Implications( Ⅰ ), 1994.02-1995.01, NSC.
- Conductor, Rent Control: Realities and Implications( Ⅱ ), 1995.02-1995.07, NSC.
- Conductor, The Necessity and Feasibility of Application Real Estate Securitization to Taiwan , 1995.08-1996.07, NSC.
- Researcher, Public Land Trust, 1996.03-1997.02, Research & Development & Evaluation Council, Executive Yuan.
- Researcher, The Feasibility Study on Land Securitization as an Alternative for Land Acquisition of High-Speed Rail Project, 1996.03-1997.02, High-Speed Rail Engineering Bureau, Ministry of Transportation.
- Researcher, Land Bank of Taiwan to Develop Financial Derivatives of Superficies, 1997.02-1997.08, Land Bank of Taiwan .
- Conductor, options, 1997.08-1998.07, NSC.
Dissertation(English): Good Cause Eviction, a Dissertation of S.J.D. Degree at the University of Wisconsin Law School , USA . 1992.
- Selected Topics of Property Law, 1995, San-Ming Books Co. Ltd., Taipei .
- Rent Control Law and Policy, 1996, Wu-Nan Books Co. Ltd., Taipei .
- Legislative Policy of the Object of Adverse Possession, 1313 Chao Yang Law Review 2-11(1994).
- Introduction to Economic Analysis of Law, 40(11) The Military Law Journal 14-21(1994).
- An Introduction of Covenant Running with Land From Interpretation of Grand Justices‘ Meeting No. 349, 38 Chung Hsing Law Review 269-286(1994).
- The Object of Creditors‘ Right to Demand in Civil Code Article 225 Section 2, 701 702 703 Judiciary Weekly(1994).
- Reassessment of the Independence of Property Act, 52 Cheng Chi Law Review 345-364(1994).
- To Rent A Land of Joint Tenancy and Application of Land Law Article 34.1 Section 1, 277 Land Service Information 6-10(1994).
- A Normative Analysis of Public Easement of Passage under Am eric an Legal Doctrines of Inverse Condemnation, 14 Socioeconomic Law and Institution Review 177-194(1994).
- Security of Tenure- A New Perspective to Land Law Article 100, 5(1) Journal of National Chung Cheng University Sec. Ⅱ : Social Science 57-86(1994).
- Economic Analysis of the Policy to Protect Intellectual Property, 1310 Chao Yang Law Review 2-11(1994).
- Quasi-Property, 7(1) Journal of Social Science and Philosophy 191-221(1995).
- Right to First Refusal of Joint Owners and Tenants, 45(11) The Law Monthly 24-26(1995).
- The Nature and Legal Effect of Land Use Agreement- An Evaluation of Supreme Court Decision No. 347 of 83rd Year, 728 729 Judiciary Weekly(1995).
- Expectant Right, 14 Fu Jen Law Review 247-260(1995).
- Neighboring Relation of Civil Law and Community Management, 41(11) & 41(12) The Military Law Journal 19-29 & 4-21(1995).
- Inverse Condemnation: Focusing on Am eric an Law, 40 Chung Hsing Law Review 107-153(1995).
- Economic Analysis of the Stipulation of Restricting Medical Care Expense of National Health Insurance Law, 15 The Taiwan Law Review 31-39(1996).
- Arguments Concerning Rent Control Law ( Ⅰ )~( Ⅴ ), 783 784 785 786 787 Judiciary Weekly(1996).
- Constitutional Challenge to Rent Control Law, 163 China Law Journal 60-71(1996).
- Economic Analysis of Rent Control Law, 63(4)(5)(6) Chao Yang Law Review 2-13(1996).
- The Political Economy of Rent Control Law, 763 Judiciary Weekly(1996).
- The Effects of Adopting Rent Control Law, 42(8) The Military Law Journal 1-8(1996).
- Comparative Laws of Rent Control, 41 Chung Hsing Law Review 297-340(1996).
- Her-Huey Contract, 27 The Taiwan Law Review 31-39(1997).
- Recovery for Emotional Distress Caused by Acts Directed at a Third Person, Traditional Legal System and Modern Science of Civil Law Essays in Honor of Professor Tai Tong Schung 141-163(1997).
- Legal Implications of Real Estate Brokerage and the Legal Effect of Negotiation Deposit, the tenth conference of Civil Law Society, Dec. 20 1997 (to be presented), Taipei , Taiwan , R.O.C.
- Cheng, Huey-Chia, Mortgage-Back Security, LL.M Thesis of National Chung-Cheng University .
- Lee, Wen-Huey, Superficies, LL.M Thesis of National Chung-Cheng University .
- Chang, Ching-I, Legal Aspects of Stock Warrant, LL. M., Thesis of National Chung-Cheng University .
Dept. of Law
National Chung Cheng University
160, San-Hsing, Ming-Hsiung,
Chia-Yi 621, Taiwan , R.O.C.